THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VEGAN & CRUELTY FREE PRODUCTS
Image via Animals Australia
Firstly congratulations! You are doing your very best to make conscientious product choices so that animals don't needlessly suffer for our beauty. But did you know there is a difference between vegan and cruelty free products?
The product contains NO animal ingredients or animal by-products.
Cruelty Free Products
Both the end product and its individual ingredients have NOT been tested on animals.
Vegan AND Cruelty Free Products
The only guarantee that a product is really cruelty free!
However, it is very important to point out here that ‘claims’ from a company are simply not enough to prove this.
It is imperative that a company has reputable and recognised accreditations from companies like Choose Cruelty Free and The Vegan Society to ensure the truth behind their products labelling.
Adorn Comsetics has proudly been registered with both of these organisations since the brand launched in 2008. Our commitment to being kind to animals, so that no animal suffers in the name of beauty can be seen by visiting Choose Cruelty Free and the The Vegan Society.
Vegan, but NOT Cruelty-Free
Please note - whilst a product may contain no animal ingredients it ‘may’ still be subject to animal testing. For example skincare products currently sold within China, are subject to animal testing.
Products however sold from within Australia direct to customers in china ARE NOT subject to these tests. IN other words products are essentially bound by the local tests required from the country they are sold ‘from’.
Approved Certifications to Check For
You might be familiar with the bunny logos on your products as it’s a common way brands distinguish their products as being cruelty free.
- A brand cannot use the logos of companies like Choose Cruelty Free or The Vegan Society without being certified as this is illegal to do so.
- Be aware of companies that use their ‘own’ branded lookalike cruelty free logos as they most likely have not undergone the thorough and intense accreditation process to ensure their claims are justified and proven.
- In the instance of being cruelty free these logos include the Leaping Bunny, PETA, and Choose Cruelty Free (CCF).
- Adorn Cosmetics is cruelty free AND vegan. We are accredited with Choose Cruelty Free as it is the strictest out of all of the organisations mentioned, unlike Leaping Bunny and PETA.
- Choose Cruelty Free requires its brands to undergo regular re-accreditation to ensure that they continue to meet CCF Accreditation Criteria.
Ensure a brand has ‘approved’ accreditations and is not simply making loose claims and in addition to this has full transparency around its ingredients, disclosing this information on its website/and or labels.
If you are ever unsure or require more information don’t be afraid to contact a brand directly for further assistance.
TRY SAMPLES of Adorn Cosmetics Choose Cruelty Free and Vegan Certified cosmetics here >
- Published in:
- CRUELTY FREE LIVING