MAKEUP SO PURE YOU CAN SLEEP IN IT
Adorn is proudly a pioneer for luxury, toxin-free, guilt free & cruelty-free cosmetics.
It is also important to note that although the ingredient lists of mineral products and cosmetics in general may appear to be identical, they are not. There are several grades of raw mineral materials and botanical ingredients; a variety of densities, dispersions, particle sizes and opacity levels. The quality and variation in particle size, grade, and feel, all contribute to the final product. Adorn Cosmetics finely milled, high grade ingredients sourced only from ethical sources, all work together to create our unique, sell out formulations and with the purity of our premium grade, 100% natural minerals and botanical ingredients, you will also use much less product, with a little going a very long way.
We use pure earth minerals and organic botanical ingredients where ever possible which are marked with an asterisk (*) in the ingredient listing of any given product. Please note that products made from 100% loose minerals (whilst still completely natural) cannot be considered 'organic' since loose minerals are ‘inorganic’ which means ‘inert’ or in other words contain no living organisms and therefore cannot be considered organic.
Products in the Adorn range are either 100% loose mineral, or for cream and liquid makeup products the main formula consists of minerals with added pure botanical ingredients. Both our skincare and makeup formulations are packed full of only the purest minerals, botanical ingredients and are certified toxin free, allergen free, cruelty free and vegan.
Where possible products are packaged in luxury 'airless' packaging for optimal protection of the integrity and potency of our natural formulations. Airless packaging also increases shelf life as the ingredients are not compromised by the damaging affects of air through oxidization, and eliminates waste in two ways: The airless environment preserves the product’s efficacy and freshness longer than traditional packaging, and it also allows for every last bit of product to be easily extracted by our customers.
NO IRRITATING OR PORE CLOGGING INGREDIENTS
By keeping our products completely free from possible skin irritating, pore clogging and drying ingredients including cheap bulking fillers such as Talc, Rice Powder and Bismuth Oxychloride; Adorn Cosmetics pure formulations are safe for even the most sensitive of skin.
NANO PARTICLE FREE
Adorn Cosmetics does NOT use ingredients with a particle size less than 0.1 micron and is therefore Nano Particle free and completely safe for use on the skin.
Sufferers of Ceoliac Disease and Gluten Intolerance can feel at ease using Adorn Cosmetics, knowing gluten will not be absorbed into their bloodstream.
Palm Oil Alternative Glossary
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride – Coconut Oil that has had its solid fat components removed by fractional distillation.
- Cetearyl Glucoside – Corn or Coconut derived emulsifier that helps bind ingredients together and maintain their consistency and stability.
- Cetearyl/Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol – made by heating Coconut Oil with a strong base (for example lye - sodium hydroxide).
- Cetyl Alcohol – See Cetearyl Alcohol. Glycerin – Certified Organic Soya or Maze. It is now NOP certified and therefore must only come from sustainable sources, and as such we are given absolute assurance no Palm Oil is used in the making of our Glycerin.
- Glycerol Monosterate – Coconut or Sunflower Oil. Glyceryl Stearate Citrate - This is derived from Canola Oil and Corn and is European in origin.
- Isostearyl Palmitate – Coconut OIl.
- Natural Cetyl Alcohol – Coconut Oil.
- Propylene Glycol – Vegetable Propylene Glycol is derived from Glycerine and Yeast, which is in turn derived from Soybeans or Canola Seeds.
- Polyglyceryl Oleate – Derived from Coconuts and/or Soybean and is an emulsifier used to make oil and water-soluble together.
- Stearic Acid – Cocoa or Shea Butter and Coconut Oil. Tocopherol – Vitamin E.